MEET THE COMMITTEE!
CHAIR – MARK HAMILTON
- Represent the club and ensure that the club’s standards and values are maintained.
- Ensure that the committee functions properly, provide support and supervision to the rest of the committee.
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of the club.
- Work with the Club Secretary to plan and prepare for Committee meetings and conduct meetings in a manner that there is full and appropriate participation during meetings, that all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure that the finances of the Club are properly managed and accounted for.
- Take urgent action between Committee meetings when it isn’t possible or practical to hold a meeting.
- Ensure effective communication with the members and ensure the Committee develops an understanding of the views of the members.
SECRETARY – RICHARD SEVILLE
- Act as the first point of contact for communications relating to external organisations e.g. England Athletics. Merseyside Athletics.
- Maintain up-to-date and preserve as confidential details of members including mailing lists, PARQ forms, ICE details and membership information.
- Undertake or delegate administrative duties for the club including processing club memberships and England Athletics registrations.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure all membership and affiliations are accurate and paid on time.
- Ensure delivery of key information to club members including training plans, communications from the committee, information on club competitions, social events, and other key events.
- Oversee external and internal communications including the club email account, social media, press releases and website to ensure the integrity and reputation of the club is maintained.
TREASURER – RACHEL TICKLE
- To monitor club expenditure, managing the club funds and bank account, including the clubs PayPal account.
- Keeping an accurate and true record of all transactions and pay all bills and expenses in a timely manner.
- At each committee meeting provide a monthly financial summary; to include membership payments, outgoing expenditures and incoming payments.
- Working closely with the Membership Secretary, collect annual subscriptions and manage the payment of EA membership.
- At year end, produce a financial report, independently audited, to be presented at the AGM.
MEMBERS REPRESENTATIVE – JOHN BARR
- To actively engage with the wider club to seek views, opinions and thoughts on club operations, policies and decision making.
- To attend regular committee meetings to convey the views of members to the committee.
- Support the Chair to effectively communicate with members about decisions and actions of the committee.
RACE COORDINATOR – KYLIE MAGUIRE
- Actively promote all forms of racing and race-based training within the Club.
- Actively encourage and invite club members to participate so as to have sufficient club representation at races.
- Work with social media to ensure that races are properly advertised well in advance to ensure full participation.
- Actively encourage and develop a racing sub-culture within the club, understanding and being sensitive to the fact that racing is only one part of the activities of the club.
- Regularly updating the committee.
- Work with the committee, run leaders & coaches to encourage members to participate in the cross country races.
- Assist the club secretary to manage cross country race administration for the Club (Registration, fees, scoring etc) and ensure rules are adhered.
- Actively promote off-road running within the Club out of the XC season with the aim of improving XC take-up.
- Club contact for both the NWCCSL and Merseyside grand prix.
- Tasked to develop out of season training programmes in association with the coaches/run leaders to make XC inclusive to all members.