Race Day Information
Thank you for entering our Striders Trail 5 trail!
Below is some information regarding race day, please read carefully.
Event: Strider Trail 5
Distance: 5 miles multi-terrain
Venue: The Ship Public house/Sankey Visitor Centre: Ship Inn, Blackbrook Rd, St Helens, Merseyside WA11 0AB
- Date: Sunday 27th October 2019 at 9.30 a.m.
- Please arrive at least 45 minutes before the start and allow time for parking.
- Your number will need to be collected at registration which will be situated in the Sankey Visitors Centre.
- PLEASE NOTE the majority of the route is off road on compact trails, some tarmac and uneven rocky surfaces.
- Surfaces may be very muddy depending on weather conditions so please wear appropriate footwear.
- The route will be marshalled throughout.
- There is no water on route but this will be provided at the end in the goody bag.
- All runners will receive a goody bag at the end, including a special souvenir memento!
- There may be other users of the route, dog walkers, fishermen etc so please be courteous
- There are a couple of inter-sections where there may be cars; these will be well marshalled but please obey their instructions.
- There will be limited parking at THE SHIP public house as well as the visitor centre so please car share if possible. Please be courteous if parking in residential areas.
- There may be some baggage storage in the Visitor Centre, although St Helens Striders accept no responsibility for loss or theft and therefore this is left at your own risk.
- Toilet facilities will be available in the Visitor centre and in the Ship Inn Pub.
- The race will start and finish at the Ship Inn just off the main car park. This is a circular route and due to this being a trail race may be slightly longer in distance than 5 mile.
- Refreshments will be available for you to purchase in the Ship Inn following the race. Please join us for a celebratory drink and perhaps some food as this also acts as a thank you to the Ship Landlord who is kindly opening early for us to use his facilities
- The race will be timed and the results of the first 3 Male and Female’s to finish will be available at the Presentation at 11.a.m in the Ship Inn. Further results will be available later in the day on our website.
- There will be prizes for 1st , 2nd, 3rd Male and Female and also v40, v45, v50, v55, v60 and v65 Male and Female.
- Basic First aiders will be en route and the final runner will be accompanied by sweepers.
If there are any further questions then please don’t hesitate to contact us at the email address below :- StridersTrailFive@gmail.com.
You can also follow us on twitter @stridertrail5